At Yawn we’re always looking for new and interesting ways to help us relax. After discovering Bloombox Club, a plant subscription service, we had to find out more.
As stated by Bloombox Club, ‘take care of your plants and they will take care of you.’ Research reveals that it's often our own environment that can be the cause of increased stress levels, having a huge impact on our minds and bodies. Everything you experience, including what you see and hear affects your blood pressure, heart rate, immune system and more.
Unfortunately, in modern life many of us don’t spend time in the natural world due to hours being spent on screens. However, as humans we’re genetically programmed to find nature engrossing and a distracting relief. Bloombox Club provided us with some fascinating research.
A 2010 study published in Environmental Health and Preventive Medicine, compared participants who walked through a forest to those made to walk through a city in Japan. Those who had walked through the forest had much lower blood pressure by the end of the experiment and levels of cortisol, known as the ‘stress hormone’.
We're aware many people don’t have the time to go out to a park or hike every day, but by surrounding yourself with plants at home or by placing a few on your desk at work you’ll benefit from:
- Cleans air pollutants
- Better acoustics
- Better relative humidity
- Less dust
Reduced stress levels
- Increased positive feelings
- Increased productivity
- Increased creativity
- Improved relationships
Better physical wellbeing
- Improved pain reduction
- Less general discomfort
- Lower blood pressure
- Improved immune system
Thanks to Bloombox, we now have plants surrounding our desks at Yawn. We’ve found caring for them hugely rewarding. With the added health benefits and beauty you cannot fault beautiful greenery, which is perhaps why it inspired our latest print, Eve.
COMPETITION NOW CLOSED: We’re offering one lucky winner the chance to enjoy a three month plant subscription with Bloombox Club and brand new pyjama set 'Eve' with lavender bag and socks for many relaxing weekends ahead.
Enter your details below to win & subscribe to our newsletter. One winner will be chosen at random and the competition ends 28th October 2018 – good luck. T&C’s apply*.
Read our interview with founder Dr. Katie Cooper and find out more about Bloombox Club here.
Terms & Conditions
*Terms & Conditions
We are thrilled to be partnering with Bloombox Club for our latest competition.
The competition will run until midnight GMT on 28th October 2018 and one lucky winner will be chosen at random.
The winner will be contacted within 48 hours of the competition closing – good luck.
Terms and conditions:
- One entry per person is permitted.
- Acceptance of the terms and conditions is a condition of entry and entry instructions form part of the terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- The competitions closes at midnight 28th October 2018.
- One winner will be randomly selected.
- Entry to competition is free and open to UK and Eire residents only.
- By submitting your details as entry to the competition you agree to loveyawn.com and bloomboxclub.com contacting you on these details if you are a winner and signing up to brand participant's newsletters. Your details will not be passed to any third parties as part of this agreement.
- The prize includes a pair of 'Eve' pyjamas, bed socks, lavender bag and Bloombox Club 3 month subscription with ceramic pot.
- The prize is as stated and no cash alternative is available.
- The prize cannot be exchanged, refunded or returned.
- The prize would need to be taken by the 4th November 2018.
- Yawn and Bloombox Club shall be obliged to contact the prize winner only via their information given on the entry form.
- Any prize not claimed within 5 days of sending notification of a winning entry shall be forfeited. Yawn may award the prize to another entrant.
- The Promoter’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering the competition each entrant agrees that Yawn and Bloombox Club may use their name and email address for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes.
- Yawn and Bloombox Club are bound by the Data Protection Act 1998 and entrants can request access to personal information held about them by contacting the company.
- Yawn is hosting and managing this competition and reserves the right to change the terms and conditions at any time.
- The competition can be extended or cancelled at anytime without notice and as the discretion of Yawn.
Promoter: Yawn (trading as Whiteley Buro Ltd), 5-9 Hatton Wall, London, EC1N 8HX United Kingdom