A special treat for you this Valentine’s Day | Competition in collaboration with Boho Betty
COMPETITION NOW CLOSED: Scroll down to enter your details to win a Yawn ‘House Of Cards’ pyjama set, bed socks and beautiful sterling silver ‘Dreamcatcher’ necklace and earrings from Boho Betty’s collection in gold.
It’s wonderful to be in love. You’re filled with energy, have a positive outlook on life and it comes with the added bonus of an increase of dopamine to lower your stress levels.
Highlighting this special feeling - Valentine’s is a time marketed to couples, although without sounding too cringey, we believe loving yourself is just as important.
With the rise in social media and documenting our lives for all to see, many of us are feel at risk of projecting a false lifestyle, whilst secretly still feeling unfulfilled.
Whether life is going swimmingly or your feel like everything is completely out of control, it is always important to remember to continue focusing on keeping yourself happy. We recently had the pleasure of meeting the wonderful Red Magazine columnist and advocate of ‘self-celebration’ Sarah Powell who shared with us how, “self celebration acknowledges, supports and celebrates who you are right now. It bypasses the modern day pressure to have more and be better and instead offers a quiet and brilliant support tool in your back pocket at all times, cheering you on.”
Rather than focus on everyone else this Valentine’s Day, jewellery and accessories brand Boho Betty have collaborated with Yawn to help encourage you to set aside time to focus on your goals and daily successes this month.
Here are some tips from the team to learn how you can celebrate your wins this Valentine’s Day and the rest of 2019:
Celebrate the small successes in life on a daily basis
“As people we achieve a lot each day. Acknowledging the small wins in life is just as important as the big ones. If your default thinking is negative, positive self-talk on a repetitive basis will override this, leaving you to feel much better in the long run. Caught the train to work just in time, celebrate. Didn’t spill a drop of coffee down your blouse all day, celebrate!
It’s not about huge transformations – it’s focusing on who you are on that day and as you feel better, better things will come.”
Imogen Wallis, Yawn Marketing & PR Manager
Treat yourself and appreciate the journey
“Entrepreneurial life often feels like being on a rollercoaster. At the beginning of Yawn I was really bad at switching off. I felt myself getting quite anxious if things weren't going right. Now I have learnt to be a bit more calm in my response to situations and kinder to myself. I really just try and enjoy the journey and the people on it with me.
I also try not to wear "being busy" as a badge of pride - it certainly wouldn't help my kids if I was forever frantic. I have got better at saying no to things and carving out time for just doing not much at all - nothing days are often my happiest moments with family and friends.
Finally - I feel less guilty about treating myself. Whether that means half an hour extra in bed in my Yawn pyjamas, seeing a great friend for dinner or going to a gym class these are now the little things in my routine that help me keep happy and well.”
Alice Whiteley, Yawn MD and co-founder
Accept your mistakes and learn from them
“Constantly criticising yourself or reviewing a mistake made in the past is not productive or going to help you learn and move on. As you’d respond to a friend, show compassion and forgive yourself, you are only human. Take what you’ve learnt from the past and apply those lessons to new opportunities that you can grow from and feel better about.“
Marina Norman, Yawn Operations Manager
“I’m a strong believer in ‘a smile can make a stranger’s day better’ and that goes for ourselves too. I always try to find the humour in a situation. It makes life just a little bit lighter.”
Tania Buckley, Boho Betty Co-founder
Competition now open:
As a self-treat this month, we’re offering one lucky winner the chance to win a Yawn ‘House Of Cards’ pyjama set, bed socks and beautiful sterling silver ‘Dreamcatcher’ necklace and earrings from Boho Betty’s collection in gold.
Enter your details below to win & subscribe to our newsletter. One winner will be chosen at random and the competition ends 11.59pm 28th February 2019 – good luck. T&C’s apply*.
Terms & Conditions
*Terms & Conditions
We are thrilled to be partnering with Boho Betty for our latest competition.
The competition will run until 11.59pm GMT on 28th February 2019 and one lucky winner will be chosen at random.
The winner will be contacted within 48 hours of the competition closing – good luck.
Terms and conditions:
- One entry per person is permitted.
- Acceptance of the terms and conditions is a condition of entry and entry instructions form part of the terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- The competitions closes at 11.59pm 28th February 2019.
- One winner will be randomly selected.
- Entry to competition is free and open to UK and Eire residents only.
- By submitting your details as entry to the competition you agree to loveyawn.com and boho-betty.co.uk contacting you on these details if you are a winner and signing up to brand participant's newsletters. Your details will not be passed to any third parties as part of this agreement.
- The prize includes a pair of 'House Of Cards' pyjamas, bed socks and Boho Betty sterling silver 'Dreamcatcher' necklace and earrings in gold.
- The prize is as stated and no cash alternative is available.
- The prize cannot be exchanged, refunded or returned.
- The prize would need to be taken by the 1st March 2019.
- Yawn and Boho Betty shall be obliged to contact the prize winner only via their information given on the entry form.
- Any prize not claimed within 5 days of sending notification of a winning entry shall be forfeited. Yawn may award the prize to another entrant.
- The Promoter’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering the competition each entrant agrees that Yawn and Boho Betty may use their name and email address for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes.
- Yawn and Boho Betty are bound by the Data Protection Act 1998 and entrants can request access to personal information held about them by contacting the company.
- Yawn is hosting and managing this competition and reserves the right to change the terms and conditions at any time.
- The competition can be extended or cancelled at anytime without notice and as the discretion of Yawn.
Promoter: Yawn (trading as Whiteley Buro Ltd), 5-9 Hatton Wall, London, EC1N 8HX United Kingdom