Exploring relaxation techniques will help you look after yourself on a day-to-day basis, relieving feelings of stress and anxiety. We do however, understand that many of you are busy and struggle to take time out. So, with the help of Plum & Ashby, we’ve come up with a few ideas that you can fit and adapt to your lifestyle without having to take hours out of your day.
Read our interview with founder Vicky White and find out more Plum & Ashby, home to beautifully scented candles, lotions and creams here. Or, enter our competition below to win your own relaxation set.
1. Put on some tunes
Research has proven that by listening to calming music you can lower blood pressure, heart rate and overall feelings of anxiety. A great opportunity is to take advantage of your commute and use this time to unwind. Rather than observing stressful surroundings as everyone hurries to and from work, distract yourself and allow your mind to escape focusing on the melodies of songs and the playing instruments. Be careful not to miss your stop.
Whether you’re at work, running errands or at home, it often becomes difficult to accomplish everything in a day and feel a sense of success. Rather than feeling like you’re constantly chasing to get things done, reduce your day to three important tasks. You’ll find yourself able to concentrate on individual projects and work more efficiently as your brain isn’t fighting to manage several thoughts at once.
3. Make the most of your time in the bath
If soaking in a hot bath is your way of unwinding then we cannot recommend Plum & Ashby’s Lavender Bath Essence enough. When poured under running water, the fragrance is released and the water turns into a silky shade. Made in England with lavender and coconut oil, this bath essence is perfect for helping you to relax and nourish the skin.
4. Think about your hands
Relaxation is about setting time aside for you. At the end of a long day after you’ve completed your skin routine to remove your makeup and hydrate for the night, don’t forget your hands too. According to founder of Plum & Ashby, Vicky White…
“If you have spent the day typing on a keyboard, a hand massage can be especially helpful and instantly relaxing. Hands carry a lot of tension, so I’d recommend applying some of our luxurious hand lotion and gently kneading the base of the muscle under the thumb and repeating on the other hand. This releases stress in the shoulders and neck.
Our luxury Honey & Jojoba hand cream is packed with natural ingredients and essential oils to add much needed moisture and hydration. It’s light in texture so won’t feel too heavy on the skin. Also the jojoba ingredient helps to repair damaged skin and even combats ageing.”
5. Do not undervalue sleep
According to The Sleep Council, the average person in the UK has six hours and thirty-five minutes sleep a night, despite doctors recommending between six and eight. Whereas many people blame stress as the reason behind why they have trouble sleeping, others see sleep as a waste of time and unproductive. However, poor sleeping habits can lead to health problems such as headaches and depression and using medication to help with sleep issues can result in even more health risks.
It may seem physically impossible to go to work, socialise and complete your day whilst getting eight hours sleep, so the best piece of advice we can give is to go to bed when tired but make sure you wake up at the same time every day to fall into a routine sleeping pattern.
If you’re still having trouble drifting off, unwind half an hour before with a soothing scented candle. Made with 100% natural blended wax, Plum & Ashby’s relaxing Bergamot and Lavender jar candle has a beautiful scent to help calm the mind before you switch off.
We’re offering one lucky winner the change to enjoy a relaxing night in (and many more after) with a Yawn ‘Storm Clouds’ pyjama set and a range of Plum & Ashby items from their Vetiver & Lavender range.
Enter your details below to win & subscribe to our newsletter. One winner will be chosen at random and the competition ends 25th April 2018 – good luck. T&C’s apply*.
Terms & Conditions
*Terms & Conditions
We are thrilled to be partnering with Plum & Ashby for our latest competition.
The competition will run until midnight GMT on 25th April 2018 and one lucky winner will be chosen at random.
The winner will be contacted within 48 hours of the competition closing – good luck.
Terms and conditions:
- One entry per person is permitted.
- Acceptance of the terms and conditions is a condition of entry and entry instructions form part of the terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- The competitions closes at midnight 25th April 2018.
- One winner will be randomly selected.
- Entry to competition is free and open to UK and Eire residents only.
- By submitting your details as entry to the competition you agree to loveyawn.com and plum&ashby.co.uk contacting you on these details if you are a winner and signing up to brand participant's newsletters. Your details will not be passed to any third parties as part of this agreement.
- The prize includes a pair of 'Storm Clouds' pyjamas, Plum & Ashby Vetiver & Lavender 300ml Wash, 300ml Lotion, Large candle and hand cream.
- The prize is as stated and no cash alternative is available.
- The prize cannot be exchanged, refunded or returned.
- The prize would need to be taken by the 1st May 2018.
- Yawn and Plum & Ashby shall be obliged to contact the prize winner only via their information given on the entry form.
- Any prize not claimed within 5 days of sending notification of a winning entry shall be forfeited. Yawn may award the prize to another entrant.
- The Promoter’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering the competition each entrant agrees that Yawn and Plum & Ashby may use their name and email address for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes.
- Yawn and Plum & Ashby are bound by the Data Protection Act 1998 and entrants can request access to personal information held about them by contacting the company.
- Yawn is hosting and managing this competition and reserves the right to change the terms and conditions at any time.
- The competition can be extended or cancelled at anytime without notice and as the discretion of Yawn.
Promoter: Yawn (trading as Whiteley Buro Ltd), 31 Hatton Garden, London, EC1N 8DH United Kingdom